Take a look at how the app we built would respond in a real-world scenario involving a campus that has had beacons deployed across it.
- Today I'm visiting a business for a meeting…and its campus has beacons deployed throughout the property.…This is a perfect opportunity to run the app…that we've created on My Device…and show how beacons can be used in a real world scenario.…First, we want to test our welcome beacon,…as this beacon's purpose is to greet a person…once they arrive on campus.…The proximity on this device was set to far,…so a user should pick up the signal…within a 100 meters from where the beacon is placed.…
Once we activate the notification,…we should be brought to the welcome view…where we will present the user with helpful links…for their time on campus.…Next, we're going to test our dining beacon,…which when discovered will present our user…with the menu for the day's lunch offering.…We have the proximity for this device set to near.…So our device should pick it up and send our notification…as a user walks into the cafeteria.…Once the notification is activated…the user should be brought immediately to the menu view…where they can see what's available for lunch.…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.