Join Bear Cahill for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of iOS App Development: RESTful Web Services.
- [Instructor] To get the most out of this course, you should already be fairly comfortable with Swift 4 and Xcode in general. Having experience with network development, including the URL loading system and URLSession or similar, would be helpful. A couple of courses you might want to check out beforehand are Swift 4 Essential Training and iOS Network Development using URLSession and Alamofire. In this course, we won't go over how the server side is specifically implemented, but how our code can query the server from an iOS app as a client.
I'll be using Xcode throughout the videos, and you shouldn't need any other tools. We do have a server to run the queries against, and we'll be using that in various exercises during the course.
- Create, read, update, delete (CRUD)
- RESTful fetching one item
- REST response handling of JSON
- Creating new objects on the server
- Codable for arrays and dictionaries
- Enumerations and Codable