Join Bear Cahill for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of iOS Network Development Using URLSession and Alamofire.
- [Instructor] To get the most out of this course, you should already be fairly comfortable with Swift 3.0 and Xcode in general. It would also be helpful if you've had experience with server queries, either from server development or having developed server requests in other languages and platforms before. A couple of courses you might want to check out beforehand are Swift 3 Essential Training: The Basics, and Learning Swift 3 for Developers. In this course, we won't go over how to server side handles server requests, but how the requests are made to the server from an iOS app as a client.
I'll be using Xcode throughout the videos, and you shouldn't need any other tools. We do have a server to run the queries against, and we'll be using that in various exercises during the course.
- Fetching data
- Managing text, JSON, and binary data
- Downloading files to the file system
- Request and response handling with Alamofire
- Encoding parameters
- Uploading and downloading files
- Reporting upload and download progress