Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Advanced iOS App Development: MapKit & Core Location.
- [Instructor] This course is an intermediate to advanced level course. I'm assuming you've used Xcode extensively and have probably published your own apps. I'll assume you know how to do layouts in interface builder. You're comfortable with optional values, closures, and delegates. I'll be using these but will not have time to explain these techniques in detail in the course. If you're not 100% up to speed on these, don't worry. We'll be going through the code line by line, and you should get it. It will just make the experience better if you have this knowledge.
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Advanced
Advanced iOS Development: Working with APIswith Saul Mora1h 59m Intermediate
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.