Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of iOS 11 Development Essential Training: Design a User Interface.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about what you should know coming into this course. If you've watched the other courses up to this point in the series, you're good to go. You don't need anything else. If you're going to come into this course as a fresh start right in the middle of the series, then I recommend having a familiarity with basic macOS workflow. So working through the file system and everything. Having a foundation in text editing so you can copy and paste, create new lines, basic stuff. Finally, any coding experience will help, but is not necessary.
If you do find yourself lost and you haven't watched any of the other courses, I recommend going back and watching the previous courses in the series.
- Working with storyboards
- How the Attributes Inspector is organized
- Setting custom classes for UI objects with the Identity Inspector
- Troubleshooting Auto Layout issues
- Modifying constraints with the Size Inspector
- Automatically expanding object sizes with constraints
- Configuring the date picker control