Join Kevin Favro for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of iOS App Development: Accessibility.
- [Instructor] There's something for everyone in this course and you don't necessarily need to be a designer or a developer to learn about accessible technologies built into iOS. However, when we begin to refactor the bridges app it will be assumed that you are familiar with Xcode, Cocoa Touch, UIKit, and programming fundamentals such as variables, loops, and conditional statements. If you are new to iOS app development check out our iOS 10 App Development Essentials course to give you the foundation necessary to take full advantage of this course.
Bridges is written in Swift 3 but everything we cover can easily be accomplished with Objective-C by using the exact same techniques and accessibility APIs. In this course I'm using Xcode 8.2.1 and running on iOS 10.2.1.
In this course, explore the different accessibility technologies that are built into iOS, and learn how to build apps that all users can access. Follow Kevin Favro as he explains how to audit your app for accessibility problems, and explores various iOS technologies—including VoiceOver, a screen reader that lets you use phone even if you don't see the screen—and other considerations that might prevent someone from effectively using your app.
- Reviewing the accessibility features in iOS
- Exploring accessibility settings
- Working with VoiceOver
- Exploring Switch Control
- Using the Accessibility Inspector
- Using VoiceOver to audit your app
- Reviewing Dynamic Type
- Reducing transparency
- Reducing motion
- Setting bold fonts and darker colors
- Understanding how elements are opted into the accessibility system
- Making custom objects accessible
- Working with the VoiceOver rotor
- Working with Guided Access
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Accessibility Overview
2. Accessibility Audit
3. Improving Our App: Visual Accommodations
4. Improving Our App: Semantic Accessibility
5. Improving Our App: Accessibility Customizations
6. Improving Our App: Guided Access
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.