Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of iOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] This is an intermediate course in notifications. I'll assume you know what a notification is, how to make a local notification with content, triggers, and requests, and know how to make actions. You should be pretty familiar with Xcode. Push notifications require a paid app developer license to apply for certificates, so you may want one of those if you wish to work on push notifications. They do require a few more complex concepts, like closures and multithreading. If you aren't familiar with this, don't worry too much, I'll explain as I go.
- Reviewing local notifications, APNs, and push notifications
- Starting a push notification project
- Registering for a notification
- Getting a certificate
- Sending a notification
- Working with JSON payload push notifications
- Adding a notification service extension
- Altering the UI
- Coding the view controller
- Running the notification