Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Learning iOS Notifications.
- [Instructor] This course is a relatively basic course with a few intermediate concepts. I'll assume that you know how to use Xcode 8 and have a firm understanding of basic Swift programming. The two intermediate concepts you'll need are using closures and using delegate methods. Both of these, I'll walk you through when we get to them, so don't get too worried about them.
- The differences between local and remote notifications
- Adding code to a demo project to get permissions
- Adding code to run notifications if a user gives permission
- Extracting content from pending and delivered notifications
- Creating in-app notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Getting and using a string for a text response object
- Adding and executing an action
- Adding rich content to a notification
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Apple watchOS 3 App Developmentwith Steven Lipton2h 41m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Notificationswith Steven Lipton1h 10m Intermediate
1. Local Notifications
2. Notification Management
3. Notification Categories and Actions
4. Add Images and Responses to Notifications
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.