Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Learning iOS Notifications.
- [Instructor] This course is a relatively basic course with a few intermediate concepts. I'll assume that you know how to use Xcode 8 and have a firm understanding of basic Swift programming. The two intermediate concepts you'll need are using closures and using delegate methods. Both of these, I'll walk you through when we get to them, so don't get too worried about them.
- The differences between local and remote notifications
- Adding code to a demo project to get permissions
- Adding code to run notifications if a user gives permission
- Extracting content from pending and delivered notifications
- Creating in-app notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Getting and using a string for a text response object
- Adding and executing an action
- Adding rich content to a notification