Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of iOS 11 Development Essential Training: Create Your First App.
- [Narrator] So let's talk about what you should know before diving into this course. Here are the prerequisites. You should be familiar with macOS, how to navigate the file system, how to open files, where you can find files in folders. Just the basics. You should be familiar with text editing. Copying, pasting, going to new lines, putting the cursor in the right place. Just the most simple uses of text. Finally, any coding experience you have will definitely help in this course, but it is not necessary to get through the course.
As I mentioned earlier, we are going to be talking just a little bit about what the coding elements do, and if you've never programmed before, I'll give you some resources as we go so you can look up anything if you have questions. If you see this list and you feel comfortable, you're ready to go forward with the course.
- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating an Xcode project
- Running your first app
- Basic layouts with storyboards
- Dismissing the keyboard with delegation
- Making UI-to-code connections
- Coding your app