Join John Nastos for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of iOS Address Book App: Hands On.
- [Voiceover] This course guides you through the process of building a simple app for iOS using the Swift language and the Xcode IDE. Throughout this course, we will break down the power and capability of each line of code as we work together to produce our address book app in Xcode. Before we get started, it will be helpful to have a fundamental understanding of the Swift language and Xcode environment. If you need to get up to speed on Swift, I suggest watching Learn Swift two: The Basics. If you're starting from a point of already having some programming experience and just need a primer on the Swift language itself, this is a great course to make sure you are comfortable with the language.
There are some Xcode features covered in this course as well. For Xcode specific information, you may want to take a look at Xcode seven Essential Training. This course covers a huge amount of information on the Xcode IDE and will make sure that you have the skills and knowledge to follow along with this course. If you already have some Swift and Xcode knowledge or are an experienced programmer used to understanding concepts in different languages, try diving right into this course.
Remember, you can always pause and reference other videos in the course library if you need more information.
Build the project step-by-step and then use what you've learned to explore your own app ideas.
- Creating the project in Xcode
- Using Auto Layout to design the UI
- Attaching the interface to the code
- Creating the data model, including a Person class
- Adding stored data to the UI
- Displaying a contact's address with MapKit
- Linking contact info to other iOS apps
- Adding persistence
- Working with table views
- Writing tests
- Preparing to publish the app in the App Store