Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before starting, part of Building an iOS Messages Application.
- [Instructor] Coming into this course, you should be familiar with a few iOS basics. That means, you should be familiar with the fundamentals of Xcode, how to get around the user interface, how to develop a user interface for an iOS application, et cetera. You should be familiar with Swift 3. We're going to be writing a lot of code in this course, so you should be comfortable with Swift coming in. You should be familiar with how to develop an iOS application, how classes work, how delegation works in iOS, et cetera.
If you feel comfortable in these things, then you're ready to start going forward with the course.
- Setting up Messages extensions
- Showing multiple view controllers
- Creating delegate methods
- Preparing a message URL
- Opening an extension from a message
- Combining messages into one bubble
- Identifying the user in a conversation
- Opening a host app from an extension
- Creating a sticker pack
- Adding stickers in a Messages extension