Delve deeper into the inner workings of Xcode Server by learning about bots. Bots are responsible for integrating your app automatically. Learn the capabilities of a bot, as well as different ways of scheduling them.
- [Instructor] Xcode Server uses bots…to automatically build your projects.…A bot represents a single remote repository,…project, and scheme.…You can also control the build configuration the bot uses…and choose which devices and simulators the bot will use.…Each run the bot performs is called an integration.…Xcode Server will automatically keep track…of each bot's integration history,…allowing you to see the trends in build and test results.…There are several ways to cause a bot…to perform an integration.…You can schedule a bot to run periodically,…on every commit to your repository, or manually.…
Bots also provide a mechanism for executing tasks…before or after integrations, called triggers.…You can use triggers to run scripts…that allow you to do things like run your dependency manager…or report the build status to another system.…
- What is continuous integration?
- Setting up Xcode Server
- Creating a bot for your project
- Monitoring your bot
- Using Xcode Server API
- Starting a new integration
- Downloading build artifacts
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/09/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Xcode Server and installing Xcode Server.