Mark DiFranco introduces UI tests for the user interface of your app. Learn what an integration test is, and how they differ from unit tests. Explore how the iOS accessibility interface is used to drive UI tests. Then, learn some of the disadvantages of UI tests to better gauge how much time to invest in them.
- [Instructor] So far we've looked at architecting…our app to make writing tests a breeze…as well as best practices for writing tests themselves,…but if you've been watching closely you'd notice…there's one layer of our app that we haven't tested yet,…the UI layer.…Your first instinct might be to try and use the knowledge…we just acquired in writing unit tests and apply it…to our view controllers and views.…This strategy might work for a few flows…but won't allow you to cover everything.…View controllers are quite integrated with their environment…and it's difficult to replicate the state in a unit test.…Instead let's take a look at a different type of test…called the UI test.…
UI tests are a type of integration test…which tests the entire system together at once.…UI tests on iOS are controlled…through the device's accessibility interface.…Because of this we're able to test our apps…similar to how users would use it.…The XCTest framework we used for our unit test…also has support for setting up UI tests.…Something to keep in mind is that UI tests…
- Why write unit tests?
- What is dependency injection?
- Using protocols to help with tests
- Handling external dependencies
- Anatomy of a test case
- Writing tests
- Analyzing code coverage
- Visualizing test results
- Writing and extending UI tests
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Server-Side Swift with Vaporwith Ron Buencamino1h 30m Intermediate
Swift 3 Essential Training: Beyond the Basicswith Scott Gardner2h 58m Intermediate
1. Dependency Injection
2. Using Protocols
3. Writing Tests
4. UI Tests
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.