Security is more important than ever. Learn to keep your iPhone and iPad—and your data—safe and secure.
- [Nick] Hi, I'm Nick Brazzi. Welcome to this course on iPhone and iPad security in iOS 11. This course is not a detailed analysis of security concepts for developers or security professionals. This is for average users of iPhones or iPads who need to protect their data and their device from being stolen. We'll start with some general information about what you can do to protect your own security. We'll talk about weighing inconveniences against certain security precautions. And I'll give you some tips for keeping your passwords well protected.
Next, well get into things that you can do to protect your device if somebody is able to take it away from you. Passcode locks are essential to this conversation, but we'll also talk about some other tools. I'll talk about what you can do to lock the data on your device from being accessed remotely, either through a hacked online account or a through a non-secure Wi-Fi network. And of course we'll use some tools in the iCloud service to see how you can locate and erase a lost or stolen device. I think you're going to find that there are some easy steps you can take to protect the security of your device without being an expert hacker.
If you use an iPhone, iPad, or even an iPod Touch, I really hope you'll join me for this course.
- Enabling locks on your device
- Creating strong passwords
- Protecting passwords
- Configuring Touch ID and Face ID
- Locating and disabling a lost device
- Adjusting your privacy settings
- Avoiding scams