Expand your iOS app's reach to a global audience. Learn how to internationalize your app and localize it for other markets.
- [Matt] You've just created a wildly successful iOS app and now it's time to release your app to the rest of the world. My name is Matt Boyd and I own an engineering consulting company called Sageworks. I've been developing iOS applications for seven years. In this course, I'm going to demonstrate the entire internationalization and localization process for an iOS app. We'll be working with a demo app I created and we'll learn how to internationalize all your userface and text with Xcode and Interface Builder.
We'll be formatting all the dates, times, and measurements in the app so they match the proper formats for different locals. We'll be going through the process of extracting all the resources from your project and packaging the files to send off to your translation team. And finally, we'll import some translations back into the project and test the app with the new localizations. So let's get started.
- Internationalization vs. localization
- Internationalizing strings, dates, and measurements
- Localizing storyboards and nibs
- Exporting XLIFF files for translation
- Importing translated XLIFF files
- Testing localization