Get advanced development techniques to add location awareness, directions, and interactive maps to your iOS applications, with the MapKit and Core Location frameworks.
- [Steven] Some of the world's most important questions are, in no particular order, where am I? How do I get there? What's there? And what's a great place for lunch? Well, that's what maps are for. Hi, I'm Steven Lipton, and welcome to the Advanced iOS App Development MapKit & Core Location. In this course, I'll show you how to add a map to your application, use satellite and 3D imagery to bring it alive, how to annotate your map with icons, descriptions, and graphic overlays. I'll show you how to find a device's location and how to search for the location by address, coordinate, or keywords, so you can have that pizza for lunch.
I'll also show you how to pull all that together with the directions feature of MapKit. We'll cover all this and more, so let's start cooking with MapKit.
- Getting coordinates from the web
- Working with Core Location data types and regions
- Creating a map in 2D, 3D, satellite, and flyover views
- Adding annotations
- Adding overlays
- Finding the current location
- Tracking heading, speed, and region
- Searching for locations
- Requesting and displaying directions
Skill Level Advanced
1. Basic Map and Location Concepts
5. Current Location
6. Heading, Speed, and Regions
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.