Learn to design user interfaces for iOS 11 apps. Use pickers, sliders, indicators, web views, and size classes to create more effective user experiences.
- [Todd] Hi, I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to this course on building user interfaces for iOS 11. This course is focused on intermediate user interface techniques, including using data-driven UI elements and creating responsive layouts. We'll start with using picker views, populating them with data, and responding to selections. From there, we'll discuss working with other UI elements like sliders, progress bars, switches, and images. We'll discuss how to show web content in your application using a Safari view controller and how to open a URL outside of your application.
Finally, we'll look at creating complex layouts for various screen sizes and orientations using size classes. So let's jump in.
Instructor Todd Perkins shows how to use pickers, pop-up messages, sliders, switches, and indicators to build a sophisticated app interface, and display HTML content, files, and data with web views. Plus, learn how to dynamically update your layouts using size classes, and get a brief overview of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines.
- Picker views, controllers, sliders, and indicators
- Creating UI elements with code
- Displaying images with image views
- Creating web views to display web content
- Changing fonts, pins, and views with size classes