Discover how to get started with HealthKit to create a health, wellness, and activity app for iOS devices. Explore key concepts by tackling a HealthKit-enabled project.
- Hi, my name is Sarah Olson, and I'd like to welcome you to my course, Using the HealthKit API to Build iOS and watchOS Applications. I've got a lot of fitness related hobbies like yoga, ballroom dancing, MMA, and CrossFit. As an iOS developer, I've been interested in using HealthKit to track and manage my workouts. With HealthKit, I can create applications to track and consolidate health and fitness data from my workouts, building interfaces to visualize the specific information I care about.
In this course, we're going to create a project together to cover how to create workouts on our Apple Watch, how to track heart rate and activity summary data, how to display that data on our iPhone and Apple Watch, and how to display data with an activity ring. Let's get started.
- Creating a HealthKit-enabled project
- Authorizing HealthKit on an Apple Watch and iPhone
- Creating a workout on an Apple Watch
- Creating workout sessions
- Saving a workout to HealthKit
- Creating a query
- Displaying workout data on an iPhone
- Creating an Activity summary query
- Displaying an Activity ring on an Apple Watch and iPhone