Put the concepts of Swift programming into practice and build a practical application—a long-exposure calculator for iOS.
- Hello, I'm Mike Wong and welcome to this course on how to build a long exposure calculator for iOS. I created this course because I wanted beginning developers to have a real world example of how to put the concepts of Swift programming into practice and build a real App. I want to help people realize that anybody can learn how to program and let people know that getting started with programming is easier than they might think. In this course I'll walk through the elements of the App and then demonstrate the finished Application so you can see where the course will ultimately take you. Then I'll show you how to write the code for the App.
You can open Xcode along side the course and follow me as we go step by step to build this App. My goal for this course is to feed your hunger for learning Swift and fuel your excitement to learn more. So let's get started.
- Creating a storyboard
- Coding UI connections in Xcode
- Setting up the UIPickerView
- Creating variables, custom functions, and a countdown timer
- Bulletproofing an app
- Adding a splash screen
- Adding alerts and instruction screens
- Setting the background color and fonts
- Animating a countdown timer