Learn the basics of how to develop notifications for iOS using the iOS 10 notification framework. Discover how to deliver and manage notifications, create actions for a notification, add images and responses, and more.
- [Steven] Notifications are a way of life for many applications. Sometimes they are really annoying, but when used right can increase engagement with your application. Notifications can provide a simple, timely way to interact with your app. In this course you'll learn the basics of developing notifications for iOS and Swift using the notification framework introduced in iOS 10. You'll learn how to prepare and deliver a notification from your device, how to manage pending and delivered notifications, how to perform background actions from a notification, and how to add rich content to your notification.
You'll learn all this and more, so let's get started.
- The differences between local and remote notifications
- Adding code to a demo project to get permissions
- Adding code to run notifications if a user gives permission
- Extracting content from pending and delivered notifications
- Creating in-app notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Getting and using a string for a text response object
- Adding and executing an action
- Adding rich content to a notification