Get some clarity on delegates—the challenging but essential iOS and watchOS development concept. Learn how to use segues and contexts, write delegates, and more.
- [Instructor] I think the most frustrating thing for me to learn in iOS was the concept of delegates. For one reason or another they never made sense to me. I bet a lot of you have wanted to tear your hair out or scream of how to get data from one storyboard scene to another using delegates. In this course I'm going to give you the foundation you need to understand delegates, the theory of how they work, and examples of building a delegate to send data between two view controllers. I'll also cover the differences in delegates for the Apple Watch, and about the delegate sister, the data source.
I'll finish up with some examples of APIs from Apple that use delegates. So let's get started on the fun.
- Defining the basics of classes
- Exploring the Model-View-Controller programming pattern
- Using segues and contexts
- Moving information from a source to a destination view controller
- Writing delegates
- Moving information from a destination back to the source controller
- Using data sources in Apple factory classes