Use UICollectionView to create a more flexible and diverse user interface when developing an iOS application. Learn how to integrate collection views with your project, handle changes in data, and use a collection view layout.
- [Instructor] Have you ever been frustrated with the limitation of UI table views? And need something more custom? Enter UICollectionView. Collection views are the next evolution of table views. They have been designed so that you can control how items are laid out. Most collection views lay out items in a grid pattern. They are essential tools for any iOS developer, filling in many gaps that table views cannot cover. My name is Mark de Franco and I've been creating iOS apps for five years now. On top of working as a full time iOS developer, I also spend much of my spare time creating apps for the app store.
In this course, we'll take a look at how to integrate a collection view with your project and how to handle common scenarios. As we progress through the course, we'll be building a shopping cart app that displays its contents to the user in a grid. And animates any changes. Collection views are easier to use than you might think. Let's get started.
- Populating cells
- Reloading items
- Animating insertions, deletions, and movements
- Configuring a UICollectionViewFlowLayout
- Interactively changing the layout
- Creating a custom UICollectionViewLayout