Demystify Core Data. Find out how improvements to Core Data can improve the data handling in your iOS 10 and macOS apps.
- View Offline
- [Jon] So, you're probably the person who's inherited the data layer from your team or you might be designing a data-intensive app and want to make sure that you understand core data completely. Maybe you're just tired of finding core data crashes in your logs and want some direction. If it's for any reason or reasons like these, this course is for you. We have a quick review of core data basics and then we spend the remaining of the time talking about the different architectures, the latest changes with core data in 2016 and how they can improve your code base and how you can start benefiting from these changes today.
It's hard finding good resources for working with core data beyond beginner's introductions. Most developers try to ignore core data because it's always the source of bugs and few people understand its nuances. The great thing about learning these concepts though, is that they work on all the Apple's platforms. MacOS, iPhone, tvOS, and watchOS. Hey, I'm Jon Bott and let's get you comfortable and confident in working with these advanced concepts and demystify core data.
This course is meant for the enterprise developer who wants to get up to speed with the latest methods with Core Data. Instructor Jon Bott starts with a review of the basics, explaining the different architectural data models currently in use, the issues that can arise from these different models, and how the latest changes in Core Data 2016 simplify these models. He wraps up with hands-on migration to the new APIs and further tips on leveraging them in iOS 10 and macOS 10.12 apps.
- Fetching data
- Working with objects, queues, and threads
- Understanding the architectural models
- Managing local and server-side data
- Understanding iOS 10 and macOS 10.12 updates to Core Data
- Migrating to the new core data