Learn how to program iPhone apps to interact with iBeacons, Apple's Internet of Things solution for adding real-world, location-based interactions to apps.
- Beacon technology allows your app to use proximity detection to improve user experience. From business campuses to department stores, and even across cities for traffic and mapping, Beacons are changing the way mobile apps and services enhance your way of life. Hi, I'm Ron Buencamino. In this course, we'll explore how to incorporate iBeacons into your iOS apps using the Swift programming language. We'll go through the ins and outs of what's necessary to include this great technology into your projects.
We'll go over exactly what iBeacons are, as well as provide an overview of the frameworks necessary to integrate indoor positioning and tracking into your app. Along the way, we'll go over wireless concepts, deployment plans, and even show some real world examples of how iBeacons can improve your app's overall user experience. There's a lot to cover, so let's get started.
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app