Break into iOS UI design. Learn how to create designable views and dynamic and adaptive user interfaces for iOS apps with the visual tools in Xcode's Interface Builder.
- User interface design is one of the most important aspects of iOS app development. It determines how your users will interact with your app and enjoy what it can do for them. User interface forms the foundation of the overall user experience. Xcode, the application used to develop iOS apps, includes a tool that can be utilized to develop user interfaces called, interface builder. And while you can certainly develop user interfaces entirely in code, you can visually design and develop user interfaces in interface builder, and write little to no code at all.
That's what this course is all about. Hi! I'm Scott Gardner. I've been developing apps visually in iOS since 2010. In this course, I'll explore everything from creating design-able views to creating dynamic and adaptive user interfaces that look great on any device, screen size, and orientation. I'll write some basic code initially, but then I'll spend the rest of the course working exclusively in interface builder. You can go through this course in the order presented, or jump into any section to learn more about a topic that interests you.
Some topics will be covered sequentially across multiple videos also continuing in the same project. So if you do jump around and find something is not completely clear, just remember to check out the table of contents, or search the course to zero in on where that coverage starts and begin from there. If you're ready, let's get started.
Here iOS app architect Scott Gardner explains how to create designable views and dynamic and adaptive user interfaces for any screen size or orientation. He shows how to work with stack views, images, custom fonts, and Interface Builder's Auto Layout tools, which speed up your design process and help adhere to Apple's interface guidelines. Along the way, he provides best practices for designing interfaces that are clean, efficient, and enjoyable for users.
- Creating and customizing views
- Laying out a user interface
- Working with dynamic Auto Layout designs
- Stacking views
- Creating an adaptive layout
- Handling orientation changes
- Working with images
- Customizing fonts