Learn how to build a complete iOS 8 app from scratch with the iOS SDK and Xcode, in this project-based course.
- [Todd] Welcome to Building a Note-taking App for iOS. I'm Todd Perkins. I'll be walking you through building a simple app in iOS from scratch. Throughout the course we'll look at how to lay out your apps visually, how to connect UI elements to your code, and how to save data to persistent storage. So let's build an app.
Each of these courses helps you build a complete mobile app from scratch; this installment uses the iOS SDK and Xcode to get the job done. Author Todd Perkins shows you how to create an Xcode project, lay out apps visually, connect UI elements to code, and save data to persistent storage. Start here with iOS 8, and compare your results with the Android and Windows Phone courses to learn about the differences and similarities of these mobile platforms.
- Previewing the note-taking app's features
- Creating the Xcode project
- Using local data storage
- Creating a data class
- Saving data to a file or user defaults
- Understanding screens and storyboards
- Controlling transitions between views
- Connecting the controller to the data
- Creating, editing, and deleting notes
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Android (2013)with David Gassner3h 7m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Getting Started
4. Creating the Data Model
5. Creating the User Interface
Working with Auto Layout3m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.