Learn how to build a complete mobile app from scratch with the iOS SDK and Xcode in this project-based course.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to building a note-taking app for iOS, I'm Todd Perkins, I'll be walking you through building a simple app in iOS from scratch. Throughout the course, we'll look at how to lay out your apps visually, how to connect UI elements to your code, and how to save data to persistent storage. So let's build an app.
These courses take you through building a complete mobile app from scratch; this installment uses the iOS SDK and Xcode to get the job done. Author Todd Perkins shows you how to create an Xcode project, lay out apps visually, connect UI elements to code, and save data to persistent storage. Start here, and compare and contrast your results with the other courses to learn about the differences and similarities of the platforms.
- Previewing the note-taking app's features
- Creating the Xcode project
- Using local data storage
- Creating a data class
- Saving data to a file
- Understanding screens and storyboards
- Creating and editing notes
- Controlling note display in a table view
- Deleting notes
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Android (2013)with David Gassner3h 7m Intermediate
1. Project Overview
2. Understanding iOS Specifics
3. Getting Started
4. Creating the Data Model
5. Creating the User Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.