Bring your iOS development skills—and your applications—up to speed with the new options in the iOS 7 SDK, including a new version of Xcode.
- Hi, I'm Simon Allardice and this is iOS 7 SDK New Features. If you're a current iOS 7 developer, this will bring you up to speed on the things that you need to know about this latest version of the SDK. The first thing we'll see is the major new release of X-code, X-code 5. Very easy to start using with a simplified user interface but has a few features you might miss if you don't know where to look. But the biggest change in iOS 7 is of course the complete overhaul of the iOS user interface. We'll see how to create simpler designs with different options for layout and focus on clarity.
And while iOS 7 looks flat, that's a little deceptive. We'll examine using translucency and laring to add depth so your app can really look and feel like it belongs in iOS 7. So a couple of great new options in multitasking: cover new features in objective C, talk about 64-bit support in new with the iPhone 5S, and we'll go over the new and improved frameworks in iOS 7. - [Siri] Not much longer now. - So let's get started.
- Working with automated configuration in Xcode
- Using asset catalogs
- Understanding color and space in the iOS 7 UI
- Adding and debugging Auto Layout constraints
- Adding background fetch support