Bring 21st century instruction techniques into the classroom with the iPad.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Laurie Burruss. In my role as a professor at Pasadena City College, I've implemented and overseen the prototype of an iPad classroom. This course covers how to set up your classroom for the iPad. The iPad's multi-sensory features, the onboard apps, and the ever-growing variety of apps available in iTunes provide a great platform for the teacher to discover new ways to engage students. We'll dive into topics like planning and implementing an iPad classroom; discovering how to use the iPad as a tool to collaborate, remediate, problem solve, assess, and communicate to further enhance learning; selecting apps that support your teaching style and target student group; and assessing the results of iPad projects all created and implemented on the iPad.
This course is designed for teachers and others with basic computer and internet knowledge and who wish to become more skilled at developing 21st century teaching and learning for the classroom. Let's get started.
- Exploring common device ownership models
- Using iPads with a learning management system (LMS)
- Downloading apps
- Setting up the master sync
- Projecting from an iPad
- Printing with AirPrint
- Sharing content with Dropbox
- Creating an iPad photo gallery
- Browsing the web
- Exploring the world with Maps