Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Watch notifications, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] You've looked at how…to make notifications on the iPhone and iPad.…There's one more place you should not ignore…when it comes to notifications,…the Apple Watch.…Notifications are core watchOS functionality.…An Apple Watch's purpose is to interact…with the user in a few seconds.…Notifications that appear on the watch save…the user time to find, pickup,…and look at their phone.…On the watch, you just raise your wrist.…Even if you do nothing for the Apple Watch,…your notifications for the phone will show…on the watch.…If you've got a phone and a watch set up…for Xcode, you can try pushing a notification…from the app we've created and you'll see…a notification on your watch.…
The good news is most of what you've learned…already is very useful.…The notification framework is the same framework…in watchOS as iOS.…In the watch extension, you'll find…a special controller that works a lot…like the content extension for iOS.…However, there's a few differences.…In the last part of this course,…we'll look at how…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.