Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Watch notification interfaces, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] The other three notifications, static,…dynamic, and dynamic interactive are variations…of the content extension you've already learned.…Since adding a watch extension to current app…would require us to get far into watch OS programming,…I'd still like to show you a few features you should know.…So, we're going to open up a new watch project.…Just call it watch project.…So, to X code new project,…and go to watch OS iOS app watch kit app,…hit next, and call it watch project,…or whatever you'd like.…
And the important thing here is right here.…Make sure you get checked the include notification scene.…That'll add some special stuff that we'll…be using for notifications.…Then, once you've done that, save it,…and create down the desktop.…I'm going to go straight over here…to the interface dot storyboard under the watch kit app,…and I'm going to zoom out a little bit here,…so, we can see some stuff.…I'm also going to close up some stuff,…so, we can see these four interfaces that we have.…
The first one is the interface controller,…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.