Join Kevin Favro for an in-depth discussion in this video VoiceOver gestures, part of iOS App Development: Accessibility.
- [Narrator] VoiceOver defines five special gestures…for triggering app-specific actions.…The Escape gesture is a two finger, Z shaped gesture…that dismisses a modal dialog, or goes back…one level in the navigation hierarchy.…The Magic Tap is a two finger, double tap…that performs the most intended action.…A Three-finger scroll is a three finger swipe…that scrolls content vertically or horizontally.…We've been using this gesture to pan around…our Map view and to reach the bottom of our Detail screen,…to get to our image thumbnails.…
The Increment gesture is a one finger swipe up…that increments a value in an element…and a Decrement gesture is a one finger swipe down…that decrements a value in an element.…We can use these gestures to perform tasks…that are specific to our application.…For example, the Music app uses the Magic Tap…to play and pause playback anywhere in the app.…The Camera app uses the Magic Tap…to snap a picture.…Each of these gestures has a corresponding method…that you can over-ride in your views or view controllers.…
In this course, explore the different accessibility technologies that are built into iOS, and learn how to build apps that all users can access. Follow Kevin Favro as he explains how to audit your app for accessibility problems, and explores various iOS technologies—including VoiceOver, a screen reader that lets you use phone even if you don't see the screen—and other considerations that might prevent someone from effectively using your app.
- Reviewing the accessibility features in iOS
- Exploring accessibility settings
- Working with VoiceOver
- Exploring Switch Control
- Using the Accessibility Inspector
- Using VoiceOver to audit your app
- Reviewing Dynamic Type
- Reducing transparency
- Reducing motion
- Setting bold fonts and darker colors
- Understanding how elements are opted into the accessibility system
- Making custom objects accessible
- Working with the VoiceOver rotor
- Working with Guided Access
Skill Level Intermediate
Core Data for iOS and macOS Enterprise Developerswith Jon Bott1h 46m Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
1. Accessibility Overview
2. Accessibility Audit
3. Improving Our App: Visual Accommodations
4. Improving Our App: Semantic Accessibility
5. Improving Our App: Accessibility Customizations
6. Improving Our App: Guided Access
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.