Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing the finished app, part of Programming for Non-Programmers: iOS 7.
- View Offline
Here's the app we're going to make in this course, running in the IOS Simulator in Xcode. It's a simple calculator app, that loosely follows the design of IOS VII. So you can type in numbers, add, subtract, and multiply them. The clear button clears the value in text field at the top, and other than that, the calculator works just like you would expect a calculator to work. So, throughout this course, we are going to build this application completely from scratch. We are going to write every line of coder ourselves, and we are going to even lay out all the art work ourselves, just using assets that are built into X-code.
So I hope you're excited to learn how to build this application and dive into programming with IOS.
If you find you'd like to learn more, see iOS App Development Essential Training, Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals, or any of the other programming courses in our library.
- Installing Xcode
- Creating an Xcode project
- Configuring the iOS Simulator
- Understanding variables
- Connecting visual objects to variables
- Understanding functions, methods, and selectors
- Connecting a button to a function
- Using conditional statements
- Setting up the user interface
- Connecting code elements to build an app