Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video View the template code, part of iOS Game Development: Swift 2.0 and SpriteKit.
- So let's take a look at our SpriteKit template code.…There's actually two places…where we have SpriteKit code here.…First is GameViewController.swift.…Note that it's a subclass of UIViewController.…So these spawn when the application launches.…This is our main ViewController here.…So in a year, we have some code…that creates a new GameScene.…So that's from our GameScene.swift file.…
So it creates a new instance of the GameScene class…with the fileNamed: "GameScene".…Now the file refers to the SpriteKit scene file,…that .sks file.…So then we have an skView created.…It's taking self.view as an SKView.…We have where we can choose to show FPS…which stands for Frames Per Second.…And then we have, whether we want to show…the NodeCount on the screen.…So we can disable that if we'd like to right here.…
For now, I'm now going to change that.…Then we have skView.ignoresSiblingOrder.…Now if you look at the comment here, it says,…"Sprite Kit applies additional optimizations…"to improve rendering performance."…So what this actually means when you're running…
- Creating a new SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Transitioning between scenes
- Removing child sprites from parents
- Working with gravity, forces, and impulses
- Detecting collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions and action sequences
- Working with audio
- Creating frame animations
- Using cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
Game Design Careers with Brenda Romerowith Brenda Romero54m 41s Beginner
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
Use an action sequence4m 8s
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.