Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the testbed, part of iOS App Development: Building Data-Driven Apps with SQLite.
- Here'a quick example of how I use the testbed:…As I mentioned before when I have a specific…task to accomplish, I'll start with a testbed like this one…and i'll do some prototyping to figure out…what approach I'm gonna take.…This is an example of a task that I needed to play with…in order to understand it well enough.…I used this testbed to develop the date string conversions…that I use in the RSS app.…One of the challenges with RSS is that…many feeds don't follow the standards very closely.…There is a standard for the date format…in the RSS feed and actually very few feeds…follow that standard.…
This comes up in many places,…but date formatting is a big one.…My app needs to know when items were posted…in a feed in order to sort them correctly,…but formats used for dates vary widely…between various feeds.…So here in Xcode I have a working copy of testbed-date…from chapter 1 of the exercise files.…And if we come down here to the bottom…you see...…We have these message support, we have the message function…and init TextView and then I have…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Local Data Storage (2013)with David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.