Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the iCloud Photo Library (beta), part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 8.
- One of the new features to both iOS 8 and…the Yosemite operating system for the Mac,…is the advent of iCloud Photo Library.…This feature was launched as a public Beta,…with the release of iOS 8.1 in late October 2014.…The final release will likely coincide with the…final release of the photos app for the Mac,…which is expected in the first quarter of 2015.…In this movie, we'll take a look at how…iCloud Photo Library Beta works, and also examine…the conflicts between using it and syncing to…photos via iTunes.…
Before we get into the specifics of what…iCloud Photo Library offers, and how to…activate it on your iOS device, one very…important thing you need to know is that it's not…compatible with syncing photos…from your Mac via iTunes.…Each service offers different capabilities, but…you have to choose which one that you want to use.…You can use one or the other, but not both.…If you activate the iCloud Photo Library Beta on…your iPhone, any images from your Mac that you've…synced to via iTunes will be removed from you device.…
- Adjusting exposure and focus in the Camera app
- Using the self-timer and burst modes
- Shooting slow-motion and time-lapse videos
- Flagging favorites
- Creating photo albums
- Adjusting images with the enhanced editing controls in iOS 8
- Trimming video
- Sharing from Photos
- Sharing with iCloud
- Syncing photos with iTunes
Skill Level Beginner
iPhone Photography: Shooting to Storytellingwith Richard Koci Hernandez1h 45m Appropriate for all
Tony Cruz's iPhone Surf Photography: Start to Finishwith Tony Cruz7m 22s Appropriate for all
1. Using the Camera App
2. Organizing Photos and Movies with the Photos App
3. Editing Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Sharing and Transferring Photos from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.