Join Bear Cahill for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of iOS App Development: RESTful Web Services.
- [Instructor] You have access to the same files that I'll be using in this course. Simply follow the link on the main course page and download them. I'm showing them here on my desktop, but you can place them wherever is convenient for you. Inside of the exercise files folder, you'll notice a folder for each of the chapters of the course where I've shown you code in Xcode. Inside each of these, you'll find the individual files that I used. For the server we'll be running our queries against, we'll be using the Orange Valley Community Arts Association.
There's nothing particularly special about the server setup, but it does provide the RESTful JSON API that we want to send and receive data to and from. The particular implementation of a RESTful JSON API that you develop against may vary. You'll need to refer to the documentation and/or the developers of that server for details.
- Create, read, update, delete (CRUD)
- RESTful fetching one item
- REST response handling of JSON
- Creating new objects on the server
- Codable for arrays and dictionaries
- Enumerations and Codable