Join Bear Cahill for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of iOS Network Development Using URLSession and Alamofire.
- [Instructor] You have access to the same files that I'll be using here in this course. Simply follow the link on the main course page and download them. I'm showing them here on my desktop, but you can place them wherever it's convenient for you. Inside of the Exercise Files folder, you'll notice a folder for each of the chapters of the course, where I've showed you code and X code. Inside each of that, you'll find the individual files that I used. For the server we'll be running our queries against, we'll be using the Orange Valley Community Arts Association. There's nothing particularly special about the server setup, but it does provide all the functionality we need to send our requests, upload data, and receive responses to serve our purposes for this course.
The skills you learn from this course will translate to other servers just fine.
- Fetching data
- Managing text, JSON, and binary data
- Downloading files to the file system
- Request and response handling with Alamofire
- Encoding parameters
- Uploading and downloading files
- Reporting upload and download progress