Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video User info in app, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] Now that you have our handy method…for inserting user info, let's see it in action.…You're going to stick this into the snooze response,…so the snoozed local notification shows the order.…The code, as I wrote it, only changes the body text…if there's a valid array in user info with the key.…If not, it won't change anything.…So let's head up to the user notification center,…did receive response,…and then you'll find the snooze action method,…there's action is canceled, snooze,…and then above the trigger here…I'm going to add let content…equals changePizzaNotification…and my content will be the request.content,…and then I'll change the snoozes request…to change the content.…
So down here, it's not going to be request.content,…here it's going to be content.…All right, with that in place go ahead and run the code.…Once you do that go ahead and copy and paste…the payload into the platform if you haven't done so,…and send the notification.…I'll show you this on a live phone again.…You'll get the same notification…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.