Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Use photo-editing extensions, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 12.
- [Instructor] A cool feature of editing photos…in iOS 12 is the extensions capability…that lets you access other photo editing apps…from directly within the photos app,…allowing for a smooth transition…if you want to apply basic, overall edits in photos…and then take the image into another app…for simple re-touching or additional creative work.…Let's take a look.…So I have this photograph of this plant…and I've already gone in and applied a square crop…and a basic black and white affect…here in the photos app,…but what I want to do is apply some re-touching…to remove the trees that are in the background,…which I think are a little bit distracting…and if I got rid of those I think this…would be overall a better composition.…
So what I'm going to do is,…down at the bottom…right next to the word revert,…there is a circle with three dots in it,…that's the more button.…So if I tap on that…it shows me some different apps that I can…take this photo into…and apply edits.…Now if you don't see the app that you want to use…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Organizing photos
- Image editing with the Photos app
- Trimming videos
- Sharing photos
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Editing Macro Flower Photographswith Susan Varnum49m 50s Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize with the Photos App
3. Edit with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos with Your Device
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.