Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Use lights, part of iOS Game Development: Swift 2.0 and SpriteKit.
- SpriteKit has lighting effects that you can add…quickly and easily to your apps.…So here I have an orange peg and a blue peg.…So with the orange peg selected I'm going…to go to the attributes inspector and go to the…lighting mask, shadow cast, and shadow mask section.…I'm going to change all of those from zero to one…and I'm going to do the same thing for the blue peg.…This essentially turns on lighting effects for these…particular nodes.…In other words, they're going to cast shadows…once we put a light in the scene.…
So I'm going to copy these,…I'll drag a few of them out,…I'll select the blue one and do the same thing…putting some pegs on the screen.…And that looks good.…Now for the light.…So I'm going to click and drag, and just bring…the light up there.…At it's default, we get those grey shadows.…Now it'll look even more interesting if…we darken the background.…So I'm going to click away, and I'm going to change…the color of the background to a dark grey color.…
So you can look at it completely black if you want,…
- Creating a new SpriteKit project
- Adding and modifying sprites
- Transitioning between scenes
- Removing child sprites from parents
- Working with gravity, forces, and impulses
- Detecting collisions
- Applying particle effects
- Creating actions and action sequences
- Working with audio
- Creating frame animations
- Using cameras and lights
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
1. Introduction to SpriteKit
2. Add Physics
3. Work with Particle Effects
4. Work with Actions
Use an action sequence4m 8s
5. Work with Audio
6. Additional Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.