Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Use Photos editing extensions, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 10.
- A cool feature of editing photos in iOS…is the Extensions capability…that lets you access other photo editing apps…from directly within the primary Photos app,…allowing for a smooth transition…if you want to apply basic overall edits in Photos…and then take the image into another app…for additional creative work…or into an app that offers a specialized effect…such as textures or custom edges.…Let's take a look.…I'll go into my Photos app here and…get a portrait of an emu…and open up the editing feature.…
So this image has already had some edits applied to it…and we know that because the word Revert in red…is present down here in the lower right.…And what I did was I just lightened up the shadows in there.…You can see the before and after.…I just wanted to see the eye of the bird…a little bit better.…So after you have applied the edits that you want,…tap on the three dots button on the right side…to see the other apps that you can bring the image into.…So you can see here I have Camera Plus,…TinType by Hipstamatic, Effects Studio, Diptic, et cetera.…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Capturing RAW photos
- Working with editing extensions
- Previewing and trimming videos
- Sharing photos with the Photos app
- Using facial and content recognition
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize Photos and Videos with the Photos App
3. Edit Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos to and from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.