Join Seán Duggan for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the People and Places albums, part of iPhone and iPad Photography with iOS 10.
- In terms of organizing your images,…albums provides both an automatic as well as a user…controlled way of grouping images together.…Let's take a closer look at two new albums…in iOS 10, people and places.…So when you first upgrade to iOS 10,…the photos app will begin a methodical scan…of all of the images on your device.…It's using facial recognition to scan for faces,…but also for other content in the images.…Now depending on how many photos you have on your phone,…this could take some time.…
Since it is a processor intensive operation,…this scanning of your images is done when the phone…is connected to a power source.…Now the phone could get very warm during this process,…and don't expect the battery to charge very much…during this time, even if it is plugged in,…because it's doing a lot of really deep thinking.…On my phone that had upwards of 14,000 images on it…when I upgraded to iOS 10, the process took over a day.…Once the initial scan is complete,…new images that you take are scanned…and categorized very quickly.…
- Shooting panorama photos
- Creating slow-motion videos
- Taking time-lapse videos
- Capturing RAW photos
- Working with editing extensions
- Previewing and trimming videos
- Sharing photos with the Photos app
- Using facial and content recognition
- Transferring photos to and from your device
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How to Use the Camera App
2. Organize Photos and Videos with the Photos App
3. Edit Photos and Videos with the Photos App
4. Transfer Photos to and from Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.