Learn how progress of the data upload can be monitored with a transfer utility upload expression. The expression is instantiated and the progress block is assigned a closure. The closure takes two parameters: the task and the current progress. The call to the closure can update the user on the current progress.
- [Instructor] Sometimes when you upload a file,…especially larger files, you want to give some…feedback to the user while they wait.…We can this using the AWS expression…that we didn't pass into the upload before.…Whenever you're handling updates to the user,…especially on threaded calls like this,…you have to do the updates on the main threads.…We'll look at that as well.…We'll create our expression and…pass it into the upload column.…So we need to create our upload…expression and set the progressBlock.…
That'll be where we update the user…and we pass that into the uploadData…and update the UI whenever we get updates from the system.…So back in Xcode, I'm gonna close the console…and we're gonna update our upload…file to pass in something else…other than nil on this expression.…So on line 50, I'll add a couple of new lines…and we're gonna define our expression.…So I'll type let exp equal…AWSS3TransferUtilityUploadExpession…and I'll create and instance of that…and then for that exp we're gonna set the progressBlock…
- AWS Mobile introduction
- Create your app project
- Adding authentication
- Adding Facebook and Google logins
- Configure data and file storage
- Reading, updating, deleting, and querying data
- Uploading, downloading, and deleting files
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with AWS Mobile
2. User Accounts and Authentication
3. Data Storage with AWS Mobile
4. File Storage with AWS Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.