Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Update pending notifications, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] With new content…we can update our notification.…When the user clicks the next pizza step button,…the first notification with the message.pizza identifier…will move to the next step.…Go to the action next pizza step.…Get an array of pending notifications like we did earlier.…So do a UNUnserNotificationCenter.current….getPendingNotificationRequests,…and then return we'll make the requests just like before.…
I'll iterate through the requests for the first request…that has a message.pizza identifier.…So it's for request in requests.…Inside of that we're going to do if request.identifier….hasPrefix message.pizza.…
So it'll find all the identifiers…that start as message.pizza.…If I have a pizza to update I'll get new content…from the current request.…So that will be let content = self.updatePizzaContent.…And a request will be request.…
Now I'm going to add that notification back in,…and I've added to this…the add notification method we used a little earlier.…So we don't have to do all the extra typing,…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.