Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Update notification content, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] Data might change while…a request is still pending.…To best serve your user, you'll need to update the content.…Let's look at how to update content…of a pending notification.…You'll need to get the notification,…then update its content.…Delivered and pending notifications return a content object,…UNNotificationContent, which is read only,…so we'll have to replace the content.…I'll set this up to change the content in a notification…with a step for making pizzas.…
Stop the app and head back to View Controller,…and head to the top.…You'll see I made a global constant of pizza steps,…and what we're going to do is change…the pizza step by pushing a button…in the manage notification View Controller.…So, going back to Manage Notification View Controller,…and just underneath where it says nextPizzaStep,…which is the one we're going to be using,…give yourself some space and add the following function,…func updatePizzaContent.…
That will be a request of UNNotificationRequest,…and that will return UNMutableNotificationContent.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.