Discover how there are a couple of routes to update data in the AWS online database table. If you simply recreate the item with the same value for the range key, it will replace the old item. However, this will require all values to be set in the new object or they will be lost. Another way is to fetch the item, make changes. and save.
- [Instructor] Updating data in a AWS DynamoDB…is really more of a replace.…You can create an instance of your model object…and use the same hash key and range key,…and it'll replace the values…that are already in the database.…So you can create an instance…with the same two values for the hash key and range key,…and all the other values you set in the properties…will replace whatever is currently in the DynamoDB.…Another way to do it would be…to fetch a current instance from the server,…update any values, and then save it again,…and that will be replaced.…
The core idea here is…that you wanna give an instantiation…of the model class with the same range key value…and hash key value.…You can do that by creating an instance…or fetching one from the database that already exists.…Then you set or change the values you need changed…and save it again to the database in AWS…and the old one will be replaced.…In Xcode, we're gonna use the functionality…we wrote for loadNote…to write a new function that's called updateNote.…
- AWS Mobile introduction
- Create your app project
- Adding authentication
- Adding Facebook and Google logins
- Configure data and file storage
- Reading, updating, deleting, and querying data
- Uploading, downloading, and deleting files
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Branding SharePoint Siteswith Gini von Courter56m 10s Intermediate
Microsoft Flow Essential Trainingwith Bill Kulterman1h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started with AWS Mobile
2. User Accounts and Authentication
3. Data Storage with AWS Mobile
4. File Storage with AWS Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.