Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the new split view controller, part of iOS App Development: Building Data-Driven Apps with SQLite.
- The web view for this app uses the detail view controller.…In order to understand what this means,…you'll need to understand how the new…split view controller works for iOS 8.…The UI Split View Controller class…has changed significantly for iOS 8.…The main reason for this is that it must…support an entirely new class of device…with the iPhone 6 Plus. Let's take a look.…Here I have a working copy of BWRSS…from the complete BWRSS folder of the exercise files.…
This is the complete finished application.…First I'm gonna run this on an iPhone 6 so I have…iPhone 6 selected here in the active scheme,…and then press Command + R to build and run.…And this will run it in the iPhone 6 version…of the iOS Simulator, and you'll notice that…because this screen is smaller than what this…will fit in, I have this scaled to 50%.…And you'll notice I have Command 1, 2, 3, 4, 5…available for the scaling, so I can make it smaller…with Command 4 and Command 5.…
And I'm using Command 3 for the 50% scaling.…Now when I rotate this to the left, turning it 90 degrees…
- Building a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Creating a CRUD interface
- Designing the database schema
- Creating the main table view
- Creating the items table view
- Adding new feeds
- Parsing feeds with NSXML Parser
- Viewing webpages
- Preparing icons and toolbar images
- Adding a preferences pane
- Including pull-to-refresh and other features
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Local Data Storage (2013)with David Gassner3h 41m Intermediate
1. Building a Testbed
2. Building the Database Library
3. Creating the Main Table View
Populating the table view3m 30s
4. Creating the Items Table View
5. Adding New Feeds
6. Viewing Webpages
7. Preparing the Visual Assets
8. Adding a Preferences Pane
9. Adding Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.