Join Steven Lipton for an in-depth discussion in this video Types of media, part of iOS and watchOS App Development: Notifications.
- [Instructor] While we've done a lot with text,…you might want some rich media in your notification.…There's two to get rich media in your notification:…attachments and the content extension.…We'll first look at attachments.…Attachments work on the basic notification.…So I'll turn off the content extension.…The easiest way to do that is,…let's go here and open the navigator…so we can get over here to info.plist.…And if we look at the notification extension,…if you remember what I told you,…that this works on a specific category.…
If you change the category, so for example,…I'll put an R in here and make this snoozer.category.…Now it can't find the extension,…and it will shut down the extension.…So we've got that taken care of.…I'm going to now go up here to Huli Pizza Notification,…and I'm going to add some media files.…And I've included those in the Exercise Files under 09_01.…You'll find these media files under the file Media.…And now what we're going to do is we're going to select them all,…and I'm going to just drop them into the notification here.…
- Requesting user permission
- Static vs. dynamic notification content
- Sending local notifications
- Updating and removing notifications
- Creating custom notifications
- Adding categories and actions to notifications
- Pushing notifications
- Building push notification payloads: alerts and actions
- Adding service and content extensions
- Attaching rich media: images, audio, and video
- Creating watchOS notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
Apple watchOS 4 App Development Essential Trainingwith Steven Lipton3h 10m Intermediate
1. User Permissions
2. Local Notifications
3. Notification Management
4. Interacting with Notifications
5. Push Notifications
6. Push Notification Payloads
7. The Service Extensions
8. The Content Extension
9. Rich Media in Notifications
10. Apple Watch Notifications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.