Understand the necessary steps to enable an iOS device to broadcast the iBeacon profile.
- [Instructor] In this lesson we're going to discuss…what it takes to turn our iOS device into an iBeacon.…In our project file I'm in the class…DeviceBeaconViewController.…Before we get started on working with code,…let's take a second to review what code is already in place.…First I've created several UI elements,…all with IB outlets, and they have already…been linked to their storyboard outlets.…We have text fields for the UUID major and minor fields.…
We also have two labels to displace status,…and we have a button that will allow us…to start and stop advertising as an iBeacon.…In viewDidLoad I've added a TapGestureRecognizer…to dismiss the keyboard after entering…values into our text fields.…Scrolling down a bit more, I have a function…to show an alertController, which accepts…arguments for a title and message string.…We also have functions for when buttons are pressed.…First, we have a startButtonPressed function,…which is where we would input the logic necessary…to start and stop iBeacon advertising.…
Secondly, we have a closeWindow function…
- What is iBeacon?
- Turning your iOS device into a beacon
- Discovering device locations
- Monitoring for iBeacons
- Responding to beacon discovery
- Creating a beacon-based app
Skill Level Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
Programming iOS 9 and GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 32m Intermediate
Developing for the Apple iCloud API with iOSwith Todd Perkins1h 18m Intermediate
1. Introduction to iBeacons
2. iBeacons with iOS Devices
3. Create a Beacon-Based App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.